The Housing Authority of The City of Lumberton is located in Robeson County with our main office at 407 North Sycamore Street, Lumberton, North Carolina. The City Mayor appoints the Board of Commissioners; we currently have a seven (7) member board. The Housing Board governs the hiring of the Executive Director and has ultimate responsibility to ensure that the agency operates in compliance with HUD and Federal Government policies.
The Executive Director acts on behalf of the Board, directing the day to day operations and ensuring that the vision and plans set out by the Board are implemented.
The Housing Authority of The City of Lumberton is responsible for the administration of:
- Public Housing - Units that are owned and operated within the City limits.
- Housing Choice Vouchers - Financial assistance of families in Robeson County with private landlords providing the physical structure.
- Building resilient families by collaborating with several public agencies and private organizations to provide a wide array of support services for residents, enabling them to become productive and self-sufficient citizens.
- Management of like programs to promote the furtherance of Fair Housing.
The mission will be accomplished through coordinated efforts based on visionary leadership, proactive planning, effective responses to the challenges of social, economic and environmental changes and a flexible structure.
The Housing Authority of The City of Lumberton's mission is to be concentrated and focused on improving the quality of life for the Residents and empowering them to take control of their lives to become self-sufficient and productive members of the community in which they live.
- Focus on improving the quality of life for Residents by providing decent, safe and sanitary housing to moderate, low, and very low income families of all races and ethnic backgrounds.
- Provide and support training programs designed to empower Residents to be self-sufficient.
- Proactively plan for environmental and economic changes that affect the services provided to residents.
- Provide sound, fiscal management and maintain a high degree of fiscal solvency and stability.
- Provide unified, coordinated and visionary leadership to carry the Housing Authority of the City of Lumberton forward in its efforts to meet the challenges and opportunities of its residents.
Values and Beliefs
- Commitment to sound financial stewardship.
- Commitment to enhance the quality of life for Residents in the Housing Authority programs.
- Dedicated to prepare Residents to be self-sufficient and to make independent and rational judgment's to live meaningful and productive lives in an environment with increasingly challenging social, economic and environmental changes.